Good Corporate Governance implementation to ensure sustainability
We believe that the implementations of CGC support us in achieving our business objectives as well as protect the interests of all stakeholders. Furthermore, it ensures the creation of an inclusive balance between economic and social interests, individual and public interests, internal and external interests, short-term and long-term interests as well as those of shareholders and other stakeholders. The Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors of SUPRA approach good corporate governance through best practices in professional, accountable management of every aspect of the company as the means to strengthen the company’s competitive position.
SUPRA applied the principles of good corporate governance (GCG), included the principle of transparency, accountability, responsibility, independency and fairness, balanced with the development of values and corporate culture which set forth in the Code of Conduct as well as corporate culture. Five major challenges are being faced by SUPRA: People, Environment, Quality, Technic, Health & Safety. They represent a permanent preoccupation, not only among the Innovation and Research specialists, but within the entire company, at all levels.
The implementation of GCG at the SUPRA aims to:
- Control and mobilize the relation among shareholders, board of commissioners, board of directors, employee, customer, business partners, society as well as surroundings.
- Encourage and support the development of the company.
- Manage human resources in a more trustful.
- Manage risks better
- Enhance accountability to the stakeholders
- Prevent the occurrence of deviations in managing the company
- Improve the company’s work culture
Committment on Governance
SUPRA’s management work within a clear framework described in the Company’s Articles of Association and Guidelines of Good Corporate Governance and Code of Conduct (GCG & CoC). These stipulate the role and responsibility of the Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors as well as Employees ethics, how they shall execute their functions and duties effectively, how they interact with each other and what are the main tasks of each committee.
Commitment on Governance is a foundation of GCG implementation, where stakeholders will be very interested especially investors. It becomes the prominent requirement to implement GCG. On the contrary, the implementation of GCG will be fail if it is weak. Commitment on Governance at SUPRA can be identified from formulation of values of SUPRA. It will be foundation of moral in running business as well as becoming commitment of GCG implementation, formulation of SUPRA Vision & Mission which has been agreed by throughout the Corporate and carried out by all of SUPRA employees, and formulation of Code of Conduct becomes a Code of Business and Work Ethics.
Signing of Commitment Statement on GCG
SUPRA has conducted signing of Commitment Statement periodically. It is expected to become a contract between SUPRA employees and stakeholders. It was conducted publicly and witnessed by the related parties of SUPRA. Content of the Commitment Statement on GCG:
- Comply to the regulation and law of Republic of Indonesia, Article of Association, Corporate Regulation as well as the prevailing policy and procedure at Supra
- Implement the principals of GCG (transparency, accountability, responsibility, independency and fairness) in decision making process and the corporate activities.
- Make themselves as a role model for SUPRA Employees
- Prioritize the company interest above private interest and group.
- Avoid the occurrence of Conflict of interest, Corruption as well as other activities which are prohibited.
- Provide the positive contribution to the development of safety, work health, environmental protection (K3LL) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).